The Undertakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideal for new plan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Flounder
Admin
Admin

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:08 pm

I've been trying to think of ways to convince the Devs of fixing the game mechanics that are currently flawed. Mainly, the moving & deleting of OPs.

What about trying to clear an entire map?? We go through in teams of 3-4 and take & delete every OP that isn't UT. I know it's shity, especially to the players who are victimized, but perhaps this will open the eyes of the devs. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Yard
Yard

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:38 pm

An entire map? Sounds like a challange, but i'm up for it if we were to attempt this. Expect the professionals to jump in, though.
Back to top Go down

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan    Ideal for new plan EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:48 pm

I think it would fun and when it comes to the professionals, what would they have to gain? They are doing the same thing. I mean, we are just doing the same thing, but for a larger purpose.
Back to top Go down
BIOBOY101
BIOBOY101

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:14 pm

i like the idea. really do

technical question... when you transfer, does your main base turn into a reserved placeholder, or does it turn into a wm yard?

if reserved, its impossible to clear. however, we could go around and kill people with like 3+ outposts. if wm yard, we will clear the main base of every active player.

we could start at 0x0 and work our way out, or start in a corner and move outwards. we will continually transfer ahead and delete. transfer ahead and delete.

mathematically, because we have low numbers and are taking small amounts at a time, they would be an even match. then, it comes down to the fact that we have more outposts, meaning more housing space. we have the advantage of pre-farming kozu so they will run out or not be able to fill as easy

most importantly, we are better attackers. idc how good of a base yuck has, im sure jang or apr could level it in 3 attacks without the catapult. save the resources for taking over their outposts.

i want to see this happen, people.

Back to top Go down
Jaymond
Admin
Admin
Jaymond

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:42 pm

I am all for changing the devs minds on it but an entire server? That is going to be impossible as by the time you get to the other side of the server, you will have missed a few people or the people you started with will already have more outposts.
Back to top Go down
Soul Devourer
Demon
Soul Devourer

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:49 pm

How bout the forum members? so that they can complain to the devs
Back to top Go down
Flounder
Admin
Admin

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Technically, yes, you can't "clear" an entire server. Mostly because the people will start expanding again behind you. But my idea with this tactic is to create an uproar. Maybe message each main base with a forum link or something. Create such an uprising that the Devs will have to listen.

The one problem is I talked about this in Skype today, and it seems like APR is against it. He doesn't want to bully people. But imo, people with 5-10 OPs can rebuild rather easily. And in a round about way, this was something that was proposed early on. There was a suggestion about taking over an entire server, and having everyone transfer there.

If we do this, we'll have to form teams of 3-4 people to make leapfrogging easier.

I don't expect to clear main bases. We can take them or leave them. My vision is to simply wipe every OP on the server. Take 5 & transfer. Take 5 & transfer.

And to answer yards quetion, its been my espericne that when someone recycles their main base it's reclamed by WM, it doesn't revert back to reserved.
Back to top Go down
Flounder
Admin
Admin

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:22 pm

The two options for Server are Rich's server because it's probably the "busiest" of the servers. The other possibility is for the A.c. lem server since they're willing to change their user name to Undertakers so it can officially be called the Undertaker's server.
Back to top Go down

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:57 am

I think what Yuckfou did already created an uproar. The devs are fully aware of what was happening. We're just not sure what they have in mind, but it's more likely than not that they will do something or else, it would ruin the game. They know it.

I don't know if it's just me, but I noticed that David Scott haven't been posting lately on the forums. Maybe he is really thinking this through.

What you have in mind is far more worse than what Yuckfou did. And it contradicts to what we are fighting for.
Back to top Go down
Flounder
Admin
Admin

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:09 am

First, it seems like this isn't hapening. I don't think we have the support from APR. Secondly, I don't think we have enough members willing to take part to make this effective.

Whether it's worse or not is debatable. What has been done to JB, Wes & Steve is irreparable. Taking 5-10 OPs from a lot of people is bad, but it can be repaired. I'm sure if we did this, by the time we reached the end, the bulk of the server would be back to the same way it was before we started.

Maybe the devs are watching,but I can't believe they haven't said anything on the matter. Even if it was to say "this isn't what we intended and a fix is in the the works" or "this is exactly what we had in mind".

Finally, yes we have been white knighting in this issue. But I don't think that is the overall purpose/intention of the Alliance. I was under the impression that we were going to be a dominant PvP Allinace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideal for new plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal for new plan   Ideal for new plan Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideal for new plan
Page 1 of 1